UC Davis allows for anonymous reporting through multiple methods. It is important to note if you make a report anonymously we may be limited in our ability to respond, meet your desired resolution, and/or keep you updated on the status of the complaint. For more information about possible impacts of reporting anonymously, please see the left side of this page. Please also note Designated Officials (supervisors, managers and faculty), including HDAPP, cannot guarantee the report to be anonymous if they are aware of the parties involved.
Responsible Employee cannot report concerns anonymously unless they are reporting their own personal concerns or if they are calling with questions to identify if it the concern is something they are obligated to report.
Please contact HDAPP with your questions regarding anonymous reporting.
Anonymous Call Line
HDAPP offers an anonymous call line. You can call this number anonymously to share concerns about harassment and discrimination at UC Davis, receive support resource information, and learn about the process for addressing concerns. The information you share with HDAPP may require a university response. As long as you don’t provide any identifying information about yourself, you can remain anonymous.
- Davis Anonymous Call Line Number
- Sacramento Anonymous Call Line Number
Please note these Anonymous Call Lines are monitored during regular business hours. If no one answers and/or it is after business hours, you are welcome to leave a voicemail.
Anonymous Online Reporting Options
HDAPP offers three anonymous online reporting options. Anyone can access these reporting sites and report their concerns. As long as you don’t provide any identifying information about yourself, you can remain anonymous. For specifics about each reporting site, please read about each one to ensure that you understand their differences and ways to ensure you are remaining anonymous.
- Report Hate and Bias Portal
- You may file an incident report online through our Report Hate and Bias Portal. To report anonymously, you must not include your name and/or email address. This method of anonymous reporting does not allow for us to follow up with questions, which may limit our ability to respond.
The Report Hate and Bias Portal is primarily used for reporting concerns connected to a protected category (i.e., discrimination and hate and bias incidents).
- Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Incident Report Form
- You may file an incident report online through our Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Incident Report Form. To report anonymously, you must not include your name and/or email address. This method of anonymous reporting does not allow for us to follow up with questions, which may limit our ability to respond.
The Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Incident Report Form is primarily used for reporting concerns of sexual harassment, sexual violence, and other prohibited behavior.
- Ethics Point
- You may file an incident report confidentially regarding suspected misconduct through EthicsPoint. Suspected misconduct can include, but is not limited to, discrimination, hate and bias, sexual harassment, sexual violence, and other prohibited behavior.
You may report your concerns by calling the hotline, at 800-403-4744, and speaking with an EthicsPoint representative. Or, simply click on the location on the EthicsPoint website where the incident took place.
With either method of reporting using Ethics Point, you can choose to remain anonymous. You will receive a report key and password that will allow you to continue to communicate with us anonymously. This will allow us to gather more information, which may increase our ability to respond.